Re: Best Design

  • snaglefriz
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 4, 2007
      It me again.
      I did want to tell you. I bought a book to help with building a larger
      boat. I guessing it best to read and learn, before spending a lot to
      build a big boat. I have built houses also and tell people, it easy to
      make a $5,000 mistake. I assume boats are the same, remember my
      friends and myself sunk boat? Though it was cheap enough, it required
      more material after and more un-needed labor, had we done to right the
      first time.
      The book I have is;
      The Gougeon Brothers On Boat Construction

      I not say it the best and maybe others can give us some other good
      books to help circumvent the $5,000 mistake. ;-)
    • Lewis E. Gordon
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 4, 2007
        If I had to limit my library one book, it would be Bud McIntosh's "How
        To Build A Wooden Boat".

        Lewis

        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 4, 2007
          <l_gordon_nica@...> wrote:

          > If I had to limit my library one book, it would be Bud McIntosh's "How
          > To Build A Wooden Boat".
          >
          > Lewis

          That looks like a good book. I would rather spend a few bucks and read
          as it can help with choosing a good plan and doing a good work. Helps
          me focus on a "Game Plan" and not forget important little things that
          be hard to add later. If, I am able to build a big boat I want to do
          the best work and take my time. I starting to look more at "Nutmeg"
          but still open to opinions too. Thanks Lewis for the input on anther book.