Re: [AtkinBoats] Ordering Plans

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2007
      Mrs. Atkin has been off on vacation. Probably on Block Island, if I know
      her. :o) Most of the study plans are copies of the MoToR BoatinG articles
      on the boats and you can get a cost estimate from them about as well as
      from the full scale plans, though a magnifying glass will help. If there's
      not a materials list with the study plan there probably won't be one with
      the plans. If you decide to buy the study plans first you can deduct their
      price when ordering the plans.

      What boats are you interested in?

      On Wed, 01 Aug 2007 11:11:12 -0700, snaglefriz wrote:

      > I tried e-mail and received no reply, so, try here. I like to know,
      > will "Study Plans" give me the information I need to get a cost
      > estimate of materials? OR Should I just order the full plans and not
      > worry with study plans?

      History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in
      times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant
      to endure. <Thurgood Marshall>
    • snaglefriz
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 2, 2007
        Thanks for the information. I plan on Building the boats, so, I guess
        I just order the Full Plans and bypass the time of looking over Study
        Plans first.
        I have 3 Boats I want. I keep looking over the available choices and
        here where I sand now.
        The First as I have always wanted a boat like this is the "June Bug".
        Ever since I was a small child and seen boats similar to this in
        movies it has always been something I liked.
        My Second boat of wanting is the *Active III*. I love the Ketch and
        Yawl. These have been boats that, to me look, elegant with their extra
        mizzen mast and sails. I guess they remind me off the Hugh Schooners
        of old with a full array of sails from bow to stern. So, the *Active
        III* caught my interest because of it's size. This will be a fun
        day-sailer for me that I know will make a great conversation starter.
        In this same size range I am keeping my eye on "Pocahontas" she is an
        interesting girl. The first time I ever seen a Lee-Board design it was
        a Gaff Rigged Sloop and I became curious of the design. I mainly just
        wanted one to know more of this design and "Pocahontas" give me a good
        way to do this.
        My Third boat and it be the last on the list to build is a Sail-Boat
        that will be my home for the rest of my life. Making this choice, my
        head is spinning as there so many that would make a home for me. I
        look for a length from 30'-38'. I do like some smaller lengths but may
        lean more toward the latter/longer. I have narrowed down to 6 choices,
        Ha! This will need to be a World Cruiser, that is well prepared for
        Mother Nature and her fury.
        Here my list and if anyone can comment on any of these I would love to
        hear your input.
        Eric
        Vilasar
        Clione