Re: [AtkinBoats] Re: Harry V. Suchers book

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 25, 2004
      But the Yamamoto boats are in the _other_ volume -- Simplified Boatbuilding:
      The V-Bottom Boat. At least as good as the first one. Talk your library into
      getting you that one too, Alan. <g> Full size drawings of the plans in both
      books are available from the Smithsonian Institution for very reasonable
      prices:

      http://americanhistory.si.edu/csr/shipplan.htm

      On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 23:56:51 -0000, Davis S wrote:
      > A gret book.The section on Amamoto boats gives a clue as to some of
      > Bolgers work.
      >
      > --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "alan terry" <alanterry4@y...> wrote:
      > > Simplified Boatbuilding, The Flat-bottom Boat. 1973.
      > > At first sight it looked overly basic, but now I don't want the
      > > library to get it back! Even got stuff on boats with built in
      > > wheels, and some with forward mounted outboard motor wells; as well
      > > as steel barges and heaps more.
      > > A real good book, well recomended.

      The denunciation of the young is a necessary part of the hygiene of
      older people, and greatly assists the circulation of the blood.
      <Logan Pearsall Smith>
    • dick_stern666
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 26, 2004
        John, you are right, I read the post a little fast and thought
        refferane was to V Bottomed boats. Anyway both are great books. I was
        lucky enough to find Flat Bottomed Boats some years ago, it is one of
        my favorites