Re: [AtkinBoats] Re: Possible engine for Rescue Minor etc?

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 27, 2007
      That's an interesting idea for adapting hopper cooling to a boat. I hadn't
      thought of that... One of the old-time hopper cooled engines on the page I
      linked to has a cover for the hopper so you can circulate water through it.

      http://www.oldengineshed.com/forcychm.html

      I think those Chinese diesels may have possibilities...

      On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 11:44:38 -0700, Mike D wrote:

      > These are very similar to the horizontal cylinder Brazilian Yanmar
      > engines I posted picture of in the photos section. The largest of
      > the Brazilian engines is only approx. 15 HP though. Though it's not
      > apparent in the photos the hopper cooling is cooled itself by a
      > stream of saltwater collected by a scoop just behind the propeller
      > and piped to a serpentine tubing heat exchanger inside the hopper.

      After all, all he did was string together a lot of old, well-
      known quotations. <H. L. Mencken on Shakespeare>