New Rescue Minors

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 23, 2007
      Two Rescue Minors have been, or are being, built recently on the East
      Coast. Damian McLaughlin, Jr. built one on cape Cod for use on the west
      coast of Florida. It's been launched and the owner reports that it's
      smooth and dry on a blustery day. We don't yet have photos of her in the
      water. The second is being built (may be done by now) by Sea Island Boat
      Building in South Carolina for a client in the Bahamas. Here are the
      photos we've got:

      http://www.boat-links.com/Atkinco/Photos/RescueMinor/

      Both builders did a real nice job. It looks like they got the shape right,
      but they used numerous frames and light plywood instead of the thick
      plywood and sparse framing shown on the plans. Sometime I'd like to see
      someone build a Rescue Minor according to the plans! ;o)

      The denunciation of the young is a necessary part of the hygiene
      of older people, and greatly assists the circulation of the
      blood. <Logan Pearsall Smith>