Atkin Plans

  • Doug Derbes
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 8 8:44 PM
      I received a set of Atkin plans from Pat. The plans were very high
      quality and easy to read. Black lines on white paper. Other plans I
      have received from other sources have been blue line( blue prints).
      These blue line plans are very light and hard to read. My understanding
      is that they are developed on the paper by an ammonia process. The
      paper yellows over time.

      What process is used by Atkin plans to reproduce drawings where the
      lines are black and of such high quality?
    • Jim Courtney
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 9 5:38 AM
        Just a thought.....

        I have bought five sets of plans from Mrs. Atkin. They appear to be
        xerographic or "dry powder" copies common to modern lazer-print
        versions. A quick email to Mrs. Atkin might give you the answer.

        Happy Boating All!!!