Re: Valgerda writeup from the "Rudder " magazine ?

  • hardystein2004
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 3 5:53 PM
      --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "hardystein2004" <ph687079@...>
      wrote:

      > Hello all ,
      >
      > Can anyone here help me locate a readable scan{ from the Rudder
      > magazine )of Valgerda ?
      >
      > I would like to build a 2 " / ft model of this lovely boat.
      >
      > Best Regards,
      >
      > H.S.

      Guess not ........Its an "Atkin" Group Hmmmm?
    • David
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 3 10:29 PM
        H.S.

        I responded to your query (I assume it was yours) on another forum
        recently by pointing you toward the Atkin online catalog & ordering
        information. Plans are $50. Study plans are $15. You haven't responded
        to my suggestion at the other forum. Now, I'm not sure what to think.
        Does that not work for you somehow? Are you trying to obtain the
        Rudder article scan for free to build a model so you can determine
        whether this is, indeed, the boat you want to build? If so, I can
        understand wanting to minimize your investment prior to commitment.
        What I can't understand is the apparent snippiness in your recent post
        in the face of no one offering you the scan. It struck me that you
        seemed to think that you were somehow entitled to that information
        from someone. Perhaps I'm misreading your missive. If you tell us what
        you're trying to accomplish, we might be better able to help you.

        Cheers,
        David Graybeal
        Portland, OR

        "If I only had a little humility, I'd be perfect" -- Ted Turner

        ***************

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 4 12:02 AM
          > in the face of no one offering you the scan. It struck me that you
          > seemed to think that you were somehow entitled to that information
          > from someone. Perhaps I'm misreading your missive. If you tell us what
          > you're trying to accomplish, we might be better able to help you.
          >
          > Cheers,
          > David Graybeal
          > Portland, OR

          Relax David
          Yes someone someone did offer the scan . Entitled ? Don`t think so...
        • Clifford Benshoof
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 4 11:20 PM
            HS,

            I hadn't realized there were boat police out there. Is there a place to
            sign up or is it a self appointed position.
            Cliff
            > I responded to your query (I assume it was yours) on another forum
            > recently by pointing you toward the Atkin online catalog & ordering
            > information. Plans are $50. Study plans are $15. You haven't responded
            > to my suggestion at the other forum. Now, I'm not sure what to think.
            > Does that not work for you somehow? Are you trying to obtain the
            > Rudder article scan for free to build a model so you can determine
            > whether this is, indeed, the boat you want to build? If so, I can
            > understand wanting to minimize your investment prior to commitment.
            > What I can't understand is the apparent snippiness in your recent post
            > in the face of no one offering you the scan. It struck me that you
            > seemed to think that you were somehow entitled to that information
            > from someone. Perhaps I'm misreading your missive. If you tell us what
            > you're trying to accomplish, we might be better able to help you.
            >
            > Cheers,
            > David Graybeal
            > Portland, OR
            >
            > "If I only had a little humility, I'd be perfect" -- Ted Turner
            >
            > ***************
            >
            > --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "hardystein2004" <ph687079@...> wrote:
            >>
            >> --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "hardystein2004" <ph687079@>
            >> wrote:
            >> >
            >> > Hello all ,
            >> >
            >> > Can anyone here help me locate a readable scan{ from the Rudder
            >> > magazine )of Valgerda ?
            >> >
            >> > I would like to build a 2 " / ft model of this lovely boat.
            >> >
            >> > Best Regards,
            >> >
            >> > H.S.
            >>

            >> Guess not ........Its an "Atkin" Group Hmmmm?

            > polite.

            > <http://www.atkinboatplans.com/>
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • David
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 7 10:00 AM
              OK, I'm almost done hyperventilating now. Wait... OK, Now. So, I'm
              still curious. Are you planning on building Valgerda, or a model, or...?

              Cheers,
              David Graybeal
              Portland, OR

              "Love: a temporary insanity, curable by marriage" -- Ambrose Bierce