Valgerda writeup from the "Rudder " magazine ?

  • hardystein2004
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 29, 2007
      Hello all ,

      Can anyone here help me locate a readable scan{ from the Rudder
      magazine )of Valgerda ?

      I would like to build a 2 " / ft model of this lovely boat.

      Best Regards,

      H.S.
    • hardystein2004
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 3, 2007
        --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "hardystein2004" <ph687079@...>
        wrote:

        > Hello all ,
        >
        > Can anyone here help me locate a readable scan{ from the Rudder
        > magazine )of Valgerda ?
        >
        > I would like to build a 2 " / ft model of this lovely boat.
        >
        > Best Regards,
        >
        > H.S.

        Guess not ........Its an "Atkin" Group Hmmmm?
      • David
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 3, 2007
          H.S.

          I responded to your query (I assume it was yours) on another forum
          recently by pointing you toward the Atkin online catalog & ordering
          information. Plans are $50. Study plans are $15. You haven't responded
          to my suggestion at the other forum. Now, I'm not sure what to think.
          Does that not work for you somehow? Are you trying to obtain the
          Rudder article scan for free to build a model so you can determine
          whether this is, indeed, the boat you want to build? If so, I can
          understand wanting to minimize your investment prior to commitment.
          What I can't understand is the apparent snippiness in your recent post
          in the face of no one offering you the scan. It struck me that you
          seemed to think that you were somehow entitled to that information
          from someone. Perhaps I'm misreading your missive. If you tell us what
          you're trying to accomplish, we might be better able to help you.

          Cheers,
          David Graybeal
          Portland, OR

          "If I only had a little humility, I'd be perfect" -- Ted Turner

          ***************

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 4, 2007
            > in the face of no one offering you the scan. It struck me that you
            > seemed to think that you were somehow entitled to that information
            > from someone. Perhaps I'm misreading your missive. If you tell us what
            > you're trying to accomplish, we might be better able to help you.
            >
            > Cheers,
            > David Graybeal
            > Portland, OR

            Relax David
            Yes someone someone did offer the scan . Entitled ? Don`t think so...
          • Clifford Benshoof
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 4, 2007
              HS,

              I hadn't realized there were boat police out there. Is there a place to
              sign up or is it a self appointed position.
              Cliff
              > I responded to your query (I assume it was yours) on another forum
              > recently by pointing you toward the Atkin online catalog & ordering
              > information. Plans are $50. Study plans are $15. You haven't responded
              > to my suggestion at the other forum. Now, I'm not sure what to think.
              > Does that not work for you somehow? Are you trying to obtain the
              > Rudder article scan for free to build a model so you can determine
              > whether this is, indeed, the boat you want to build? If so, I can
              > understand wanting to minimize your investment prior to commitment.
              > What I can't understand is the apparent snippiness in your recent post
              > in the face of no one offering you the scan. It struck me that you
              > seemed to think that you were somehow entitled to that information
              > from someone. Perhaps I'm misreading your missive. If you tell us what
              > you're trying to accomplish, we might be better able to help you.
              >
              > Cheers,
              > David Graybeal
              > Portland, OR
              >
              > "If I only had a little humility, I'd be perfect" -- Ted Turner
              >
              > ***************
              >
              > --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "hardystein2004" <ph687079@...> wrote:
              >>
              >> --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "hardystein2004" <ph687079@>
              >> wrote:
              >> >
              >> > Hello all ,
              >> >
              >> > Can anyone here help me locate a readable scan{ from the Rudder
              >> > magazine )of Valgerda ?
              >> >
              >> > I would like to build a 2 " / ft model of this lovely boat.
              >> >
              >> > Best Regards,
              >> >
              >> > H.S.
              >>

              >> Guess not ........Its an "Atkin" Group Hmmmm?

              > polite.

              > <http://www.atkinboatplans.com/>
              >

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • David
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 7, 2007
                OK, I'm almost done hyperventilating now. Wait... OK, Now. So, I'm
                still curious. Are you planning on building Valgerda, or a model, or...?

                Cheers,
                David Graybeal
                Portland, OR

                "Love: a temporary insanity, curable by marriage" -- Ambrose Bierce