re: air cooled diesels

  • william lindahl
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 28, 2007
      Hello everyone. i don't know if this will help because i've never built
      one, but in the back of one of my boatbuilder magazines there is an ad
      that says...
      CHEAP POWER TODAY: Run your boat with an economical air-cooled B+S
      type engine. Complete DIY manual includes for'd,neutral,and reverse
      gearing from cheap,easily obtained parts. Only 10.95(US$) CAPT. WOODIE
      OWEN P.O.Box 32172-B Charleston,SC 29417Like I said , I've no idea
      about it other than" hell yeah ". I'm wondering though, these engines
      are rated @ 10hp @3600 rpm, ok, but what kind of torque are we talking
      about from a 100pound engine? It requires some grunt to move a 2-3 ton
      vessel besides just HP.
      I'd like to hear from some tinker out there who has built something
      like woodie's gizmo. if it works i'll get to work and have some
      available within several weeks.
      fair seas and favorable winds to all. Bill