Atkins plans- history

  • Patrick Matthews
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 13, 2007
      Hello all-

      A question on the background of the Atkins plans which appeared in
      Motor Boating:
      Were these all drawn for customers, leading to the building of at
      least one prototype boat? And then offered for publication in the
      magazine?

      Or were they more speculative? Simply drawn up and offered in the
      magazine in hopes that someone would be interested? Atkin's tugboat
      and landing craft come to mind.

      I'm a model boat builder, and while all the Atkins plans look like
      interesting subjects, modelers often prefer to put their energies into
      duplicating (in miniature) something that really existed.

      Thanks,
      Pat Matthews
    • atkinpat
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 14, 2007
        --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick Matthews" <patmat2350@...>
        wrote:

        > Hello all-
        >
        > A question on the background of the Atkins plans which appeared in
        > Motor Boating:
        > Were these all drawn for customers, leading to the building of at
        > least one prototype boat? And then offered for publication in the
        > magazine?
        >
        > Or were they more speculative? Simply drawn up and offered in the
        > magazine in hopes that someone would be interested? Atkin's tugboat
        > and landing craft come to mind.
        >
        > I'm a model boat builder, and while all the Atkins plans look like
        > interesting subjects, modelers often prefer to put their energies into
        > duplicating (in miniature) something that really existed.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Pat Matthews

        Good morning Pat:

        Didn't you receive my answer?

        The designs were designed for individuals and for Motor Boating,
        depending on what William was designing at the time!

        Pat Atkin