Re: [AtkinBoats] Re: DIsplacment figures for Teach and Milford

  • Chris Kottaridis
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 12, 2007
      Actually, I'd love it if the displacement were 2800 lbs. I am hemming
      and hawing between Milford and Ted Brewer's Grand Banks22:

      http://www.tedbrewer.com/sail_wood/grandbanks22.htm

      It's a flat bottomed dory style with plywood over bulkhead frames and
      comes in at 2850 lbs also. My traierling vehicle is rated at 3500 so I
      am safe there.

      The flat bottom nature of Grand Banks 22 has me concerned about pounding
      while under power. The V-bottom of Milford would eliminate that concern.

      However, it will be spending some time bounding down the highway on a
      trailer so I am concerned about the construction method of Milford. It's
      not marked as a plywood option on the web site. So, I'd probably want to
      cold-mold it to handle trailering better. But, I don't know exactly how
      that changes things as far as scantlings and ballast modifications. Not
      real sure who to ask about changes that'd be necessary for a different
      construction method for Milford.

      Thanks
      Chris Kottaridis (chriskot@...)