New (New) Article

  • David
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 22, 2007
      For an account of building the Atkin "Scandal" skiff, see today's
      Duckworks magazine. It was written by a fellow "Ol' Coot", Pat
      Patteson. He did a great job - with the boat, and with the article.
      Don't be fooled by his aww shucks sytle. He's quite a talented
      woodworker and boatbuilder. He even goes so far as to downplay where he
      lives. Molalla, my buttblock - he lives in the far more desirable town
      of Colton (right Joe?) ;^) Pat was generous enough to take me aboard
      for a small adventure on the Willamette River, and it is very sweet.
      It's even more slender than it appears in the drawings (could have been
      named Javelin), and slices along with very minimum power.

      Cheers,
      David Graybeal
      Portland, OR

      "First you're an unknown, then you write one [article] and you move up
      to obscurity" -- Martin Myers
      (But Pat's written several, so he's Way Beyond Obscurity <G>)