Re: River Belle or "Noble Cab" pictures?

  • sals_dad
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 17, 2007
      Yes, of course, I meant Atkin designs.

      Looks like Alligator is very like a Rescue Minor scaled up 2.5 times
      in length and beam, 20x displacement (about 1/3 heavier than if in
      proportion) but with only 7x the horsepower, and does 9 knots.

      Gerr's Summer Kyle http://www.gerrmarine.com/power_50.html is about
      double length and beam, about 10x displacement (about 25% heavier,
      proportionally), about 10x the power, and does 11 knots. His other
      tunnel stern cruisers appear to have similar performance.

      Noble Cab is about 1.75 the length and beam of RM, and about 5x
      displacement (roughly in proportion, with about 5x the power, and
      does 14 knots IIRC.

      Sal's Dad

      "John Kohnen" wrote:

      > Dave Gerr has designed some boats with an Atkin type V-bottom
      Seabright
      > skiff tunnel stern. One that I know was built is named Summer
      Kyle, IIRC.