Re: River Belle or "Noble Cab" pictures?

  • donschultz8275
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 17, 2007
      --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "sals_dad" <sals_dad@...> wrote:

      > I don't know of ANY other tunnel sterns built - Robb's, Noble Cab,
      and
      > (knock wood) this spring mine and maybe one or two others.

      http://www.carlsondesign.com/alligator.html

      Although not specifically an Atkin, I believe this boat qualifies as a
      tunnel stern.

      Don Schultz
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 17, 2007
        Dave Gerr has designed some boats with an Atkin type V-bottom Seabright
        skiff tunnel stern. One that I know was built is named Summer Kyle, IIRC.

        On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 06:12:33 -0800, don schultz wrote:

        > http://www.carlsondesign.com/alligator.html
        >
        > Although not specifically an Atkin, I believe this boat qualifies as a
        > tunnel stern.

        Show me a man who has enjoyed his school days and I'll show you
        a bully and a bore. <Robert Morley>
      • sals_dad
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 17, 2007
          Yes, of course, I meant Atkin designs.

          Looks like Alligator is very like a Rescue Minor scaled up 2.5 times
          in length and beam, 20x displacement (about 1/3 heavier than if in
          proportion) but with only 7x the horsepower, and does 9 knots.

          Gerr's Summer Kyle http://www.gerrmarine.com/power_50.html is about
          double length and beam, about 10x displacement (about 25% heavier,
          proportionally), about 10x the power, and does 11 knots. His other
          tunnel stern cruisers appear to have similar performance.

          Noble Cab is about 1.75 the length and beam of RM, and about 5x
          displacement (roughly in proportion, with about 5x the power, and
          does 14 knots IIRC.

          Sal's Dad