Lark Sail Plan

  • Dennis
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 14, 2004
      I have been sitting on Lark plans now for about a year. Lark is a
      14'3"x4'10 sailing skiff and the plans show her flying 101sqft of
      canvass in a jibheaded sloop configuration. I'm not too keen on the
      rig and would like to go to a single unstayed rig (chesapeake leg-o-
      mutton, balanced lug, or sprit sail). My question: how does one
      determine the size (sqft) of the rig when reducing from two sails to
      one? Is there a particular formula or common sense rule that one
      follows? Thanks for the help.

      Dennis