Re: [AtkinBoats] Atkin's Tally Ho!

  • lynx coin
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 15, 2007
      Hello mark,I have a tally ho major.She is in Colorado right now,but she has traveled to Hawaii a few years ago.A fine vessel .I have 6 ft 3 headroom,plenty of walkway on deck,and you can actually move all around the engine.Mine is of ferro cement construction,built up in washington state.the boats name is BILLYS BLOOD.If you would like I can send you some pics.I only got the oportunity to sail her one time and then I moved her here.I am in the process of remodeling the interior to be a little more user friendly for living aboard and keeping the exterior wood from going bad.I hope to take her back to the water some time in 2008.drop me a line and I will help in any way I can.If you get any other replys ,could you let me know.I have not bought a set of plans yet,and I need sail diminsions for the stay and jib.If I could find someone who has a set of plans or a set of sails I would be very happyttyl

      giegelmark <giegelmark@...> wrote: I am considering the Tally Ho design and would like to know if any
      forumite can direct me to someone who has either built or owns this
      design. I am particularly interested in photos of interior space and
      deck layout if available. Thank you in advance

      Sincerely,
      Mark Giegel

    • lynx coin
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 15, 2007
        hello david.I have a tally ho major and I would love to see the pics you have.There are not very many around and I have a very few of mine in the water.I have some pics also if you are interested I can send you a link to my online album.Thanks

        dgerstel2003 <dgerstel@...> wrote: hello all,

        there was, i believe, a Tally Ho at the 2006 Eggemogan reach regatta.
        It was anchored off shore the Wooden Boat Schooo. I have some photos
        if you contact me directly. right now, they are in my camera.

        david gerstel

        --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "giegelmark" <giegelmark@...> wrote:

        > I am considering the Tally Ho design and would like to know if any
        > forumite can direct me to someone who has either built or owns this
        > design. I am particularly interested in photos of interior space
        and
        > deck layout if available. Thank you in advance
        >
        > Sincerely,
        > Mark Giegel

      • Brad Holderman
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 23, 2007
          David,

          Does your user id have anything to do with the
          privateer Lynx?

          --- lynx coin <lynxcat319@...> wrote:

          > hello david.I have a tally ho major and I would love
          > to see the pics you have.There are not very many
          > around and I have a very few of mine in the water.I
          > have some pics also if you are interested I can send
          > you a link to my online album.Thanks
          >
          > dgerstel2003 <dgerstel@...> wrote:
          > hello all,
          >
          > there was, i believe, a Tally Ho at the 2006
          > Eggemogan reach regatta.
          > It was anchored off shore the Wooden Boat Schooo. I
          > have some photos
          > if you contact me directly. right now, they are in
          > my camera.
          >
          > david gerstel
          >
          > --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "giegelmark"
          > <giegelmark@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > I am considering the Tally Ho design and would
          > like to know if any
          > > forumite can direct me to someone who has either
          > built or owns this
          > > design. I am particularly interested in photos of
          > interior space
          > and
          > > deck layout if available. Thank you in advance
          > >
          > > Sincerely,
          > > Mark Giegel
          >

          > ---------------------------------
          > It's here! Your new message!

          > removed]

          Cheers,

          Brad Holderman
          619.994.6686
          "Dear Jack, We have a ship, Surprise, for the East Indies, and must join at Plymouth instantly..."
          http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/features/multimedia/star/

          TV dinner still cooling?
          http://tv.yahoo.com/
        • lynx coin
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 23, 2007
            Nope.I dont anything about a privateer.Lynx is my name since way back.I have seen another Lynx on another web site but I do not know what kind of boat he sails.I live in colorado and so does this tally ho major I own.I bought it in bellingham washington and moved her here in november 05.My hull is ferro cement and seems to be solid as rock (no pun intended)Only sailed her once before I moved her.I am modernizing the interior and refinishing the wood on deck.Built to plans.

            Brad Holderman <bholderman@...> wrote: David,