Re: Inga

  • kestrel1857
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 17, 2007
      Hi,
      I bought the plans for Inga, and am planning to start construction in
      a couple of weeks. With the involvement of a naval architect, I'm
      changing the construction to strip/diagonal planking. I've built my
      loft floor (building shed has dirt floor) and have plenty of aged,
      air-dried pine. I can't wait!

      This week, I actually found someone in the San Francisco area who had
      a ferro-cement Inga; just sold it Monday. I also heard of another
      Inga in Newport Beach, CA. So, I answered my own post of last month!
    • piobia
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 13, 2009
        Hi, this is my first post on this group. I'd like to ask about Inga, very handsome double ender http://www.boat-links.com/Atkinco/Sail/Inga.html . It seems to be a very seaworthy type, that suits me well. Does anybody have any experience in sailing her? How about her windward performance? I do understand that she's not a modern racer, but is she able to make resonable progress against wind in diferent sea conditions?
        I'm thinking about boat for trip from Baltic Sea to Med and then (maybe) from Med to Caraibean, USA and back to Europe. How do You think, is this right boat for that perpouse?

        greetings

        piotr bialy
      • Patrick Blanchard

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 13, 2009
            I'm afraid Eric is rather out of my financial range. But, who knows, maybe in few years time? :-)

            Lets get back to Inga - any practical information?