44' Atkin Cutter - 1927 - Ft Lauderdale

  • sals_dad
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 10, 2007
      Saw this listing on ebay ( 120073281574 )
      http://tinyurl.com/y2twqq
      William Atkins Sailboat Atkin Blue Water Wood Sailboat
      44 feet Restoration Project

      Anyone interested must contact me immediately because the boat must
      be moved or ownership must be transferred by the end of the month
      therefore I ask, due to the time limit please do not inquire if you
      are not serious about restoring this fine vessel

      there have been many inquiries and each response takes a great
      amount of time and effort

      now the good stuff............

      this is a fine pedigree vessel, built in Kyle shipyards in City
      Island, NY in the year 1927. City Island Nautical Museum currently
      displays a photo of her in her glory days.

      43 ft 6 inches, 14 foot beam, currently powered by the original Grey
      Marine gas engine which still runs on the dry in Ft. Lauderdale,
      Florida

      will need a total refit, planks, hatches, decks, deckhouse needs
      restoration at minimum

      as you can see in the photos the interior is excellent

      all original hardware in tact

      beautiful ornate bronze ice box handles and manual water pumps

      solid bronze portholes and deck hardware

      mast boom interior excellent, keelbolts replaced about 12 years ago

      interested parties should be financially stable with plenty of time
      to spare, a good amount of tools and be a shipwright or know ofone
      with a good amount of time under the belt. Also a good boatyard for
      storage purposes or where she can be restored (hopefully anyone
      reading this knows that already)

      PLEASE SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY, I AM TRYING TO SAVE THIS BOAT FROM
      BEING DESTROYED AND CANNOT SPEND TIME DISCUSSING SOMEONE ELSES
      DREAM AND OR SAILING PLANS FOR THE FUTURE

      moving this vessel north at minimum is 5000.00 by trailer

      this is a major project but when completed you will have a most
      comfortable well balanced pedigree blue water sailing vessel

      plese contact me by email, leave a phone number and I will return
      your call ASAP

      many photos recent and older available

      blue print copies available

      Just contact me ASAP if you are serious...