Study plans for flat-bottomed boats.

  • caesar1.rm
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 8, 2007
      Dear friends,

      I would Like to know where I can buy study plans for Missie and Laurie
      - A 45' Double-Ended Sharpie Sloop by William & Jonh Atkin - and Matty
      - A 29' Flat-bottomed Ketch by William Atkin. I apologize for my
      terrible English. Thank you very much.
      Your friend in Brazil,
      César
    • derbyrm
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 8, 2007
        Both Matty, and Missie and Laurie are shown in the on-line catalog:
        http://www.atkinboatplans.com:80/
        one in the "sailboats under 30' " and one in the "sailboats over 30'

        Click on the "Print Out Order Form," print it, fill it out with your name and address and the study plans you want, arrange for a money order on a US Bank for $45, and send it to the address on the order form. It may take a few weeks, but that will get you the study plans you want. The $45 covers two study plan sets at $15 each and also the $15 foreign postage.

        Roger (Your English is better than that of many who post to these forums.)
        derbyrm@...
        http://home.insightbb.com/~derbyrm

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 8, 2007
          Wait one, the order form states that no additional postage is
          required for study plans regardless of destination.

          Esperai'! Cesar, nao e preciso mandar dinheiro additional pra frete
          quando for pedido desenhos de estudo. Se voce for pra as paginas de
          cada desses barcos vai ver no fundo o preco de $15.00 cada e tambem
          uma link do formulario que voce deve imprimir pra fazer o pedido. No
          fundo do pagina imprimido vai ver que nao ha cargas pra correio em
          desenhos pra estudo so pra desenhos de constucao propria.

          Imprimindo e preinchindo com os nomes dos dois desenhos que voce quer
          vai precisar mandar $30.00 de uma forma usavel em uma banco no EUA.
          Eu nao sei quanto dificil este vai ser pois a Senhora Atkin pede que
          seja num banco Americano. Talvez eles podia fazer no HSBC. Senhora
          Atkin faz este servicio somente em base de dinheiro vivo ou cheque
          Estados Unidense. Seria uma peso grande demais pra fazer este
          pequeno commercio em base de credito. Comece logo porque o processo
          e demorada; pode custar mais de uma mes pra atualmente receber os
          desenhos ate aqui no EUA.

          Seu Ingles e bem melhor que este meu Potugese so faco este explicacao
          porque pode ser alguma palavra estranho confundir e voce desiste.

          *************Translation*********

          Ceasar, it's not necessary to send extra money for freight when
          ordering study plans. If you go to the pages of each of these boats
          you will find a price of $15.00 each for study plans and a link to
          the order page which you should print to order the study plans. At
          the bottom of the printed page you will see there are no
          international charges for study plans; only actual construction plans.

          Fill out the names of the two boats you wish study plans for and you
          will need to send $30.00 in a form usable at a United States bank.
          I'm not sure how difficult this will be for you but Mrs. Atkins asks
          that checks be on an American bank. Perhaps they could do this at
          HSBC. Mrs. Atkin provides this service only on a cash basis or
          checks on an American Bank. It would be too much of a weight for
          this small business to operate on credit. Start now because the
          process is slow; it can take more than a month to recieve plans even
          here in the United States.

          Your english is much better than my potugese; I only made this
          explanation in case a strange word might confuse you and cause you to
          give up on the idea.

          ************end translation********

          Mike Dolph