OK I'll go first!

  • adharvey2
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7, 2007
      First post of the year - do I win anything?
      Still waiting for those "Little Effort" plans. If this keeps
      up I'll end up changing my mind again. I have been contemplating what
      other boats the little 1503 Kubota would work well in. One thing that
      really appeals to me is the concept of a box deadwood with the engine
      sitting way down in the bottom of the "keel". That sort of efficiency
      and balance could really be called "advanced", despite being in a
      "classic" boat. I have plans for Everhope and Sallie Hyde, both of
      which could make good use of this engine, but I am fairly convinced
      that neither could be accomplished in way that would allow wintering
      on a trailer, even if I had the time or ambition to attempt it.
      So I remain focused on the "flatties", and since this engine is a
      liitle too big and heavy for "Tom Davin", it must be time for me to
      graduate to a boat with a roof. I just hope the plans get here before
      I really get really crazy and decide to build "Marigold". Now THAT
      would be a lake boat!
      Andrew