Sea Bright Skiff, "Dancer"

  • n9clw
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 28, 2006
      Help. I am trying to locate information on a vessel designed by John Atkin and published in
      the September 1963 issue of The Rudder (page 43). Here are the particulars: LOA 19'5"; LWL
      18'0"; Beam 6'7" and draft 1'3". Box keel powered by a Palmer IH-60 pushing her 2,500
      pounds to 18 mph. Any and all information would be appreciated greatly, as we might be
      purchasing one!!!!!

      My main question is what would be the theoretical hull speed of a box keel design as it is not
      a displacement hull. Is it?

      Thanks again in advance, Cliff