Inga

  • kestrel1857
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 30, 2006
      Hello All,
      I have the study plans for the "Inga" design, and am just short of
      deciding to build her. Does anyone know of any others who have built
      this design, or of any Ingas sailing?
      Thanks
    • kestrel1857
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 17, 2007
        Hi,
        I bought the plans for Inga, and am planning to start construction in
        a couple of weeks. With the involvement of a naval architect, I'm
        changing the construction to strip/diagonal planking. I've built my
        loft floor (building shed has dirt floor) and have plenty of aged,
        air-dried pine. I can't wait!

        This week, I actually found someone in the San Francisco area who had
        a ferro-cement Inga; just sold it Monday. I also heard of another
        Inga in Newport Beach, CA. So, I answered my own post of last month!
      • piobia
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 13, 2009
          Hi, this is my first post on this group. I'd like to ask about Inga, very handsome double ender http://www.boat-links.com/Atkinco/Sail/Inga.html . It seems to be a very seaworthy type, that suits me well. Does anybody have any experience in sailing her? How about her windward performance? I do understand that she's not a modern racer, but is she able to make resonable progress against wind in diferent sea conditions?
          I'm thinking about boat for trip from Baltic Sea to Med and then (maybe) from Med to Caraibean, USA and back to Europe. How do You think, is this right boat for that perpouse?

          greetings

          piotr bialy
        • Patrick Blanchard

            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 13, 2009
              I'm afraid Eric is rather out of my financial range. But, who knows, maybe in few years time? :-)

              Lets get back to Inga - any practical information?