Re: Russell R.

  • chunsdorfer
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 17, 2006
      --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, echo172@... wrote:

      > Bolger suggested slicer when I last wrote him. I have looked into
      Bolger and Atkin designs and frequently find references to NJ
      fishermen but my specific needs aren't quite settled. I bought a
      boat to test a platform and will be adding a new bow in the spring.
      I may section the boat also and add 5 feet. That's after I settle on
      a bow design. There are so many boats to sift through it's been very
      rewarding reading. BTW the Shivaree series is a possible boat,
      sometime or never the name. I haven't made a short list of Atkin
      designs, that's why I lurk.
      > Bruce
      > From: Kenneth Grome <bagacayboatworks@...>
      > > On Tuesday 14 November 2006 02:49, echo172@... wrote:
      > > > I fish the same waters AC to delaware bay. I'm on the same
      quest and no
      > > closer to an answer. It looks like it will take a longer boat to
      handle the
      > > seas over 2 feet. I'm looking into some Bolger designs and right
      now nothing
      > > is firmed up.
      > >

      > > Slicer is a Bolger boat (29' I believe) designed as an all-
      weather commuter,
      > > so it may not be an ideal fishing boat, but it should easily
      bridge the wave
      > > crests and allow fast running in 2-3' seas because of its
      length. Bruce
      > > Hallman thiks it can be designed to fold in half which would
      make trailering
      > > easy. It should give you the efficiency you're seeking.
      > >
      > > Sincerely,
      > > Kenneth Grome
      > > Bagacay Boatworks
      > > www.bagacayboatworks.com

      I haven't seen the lines for slicer, but I assume from the one photo
      I saw that she's pretty narrow, which might prevent building any
      sort of structure above the gunwales.