Re: [AtkinBoats] Russell R.

  • echo172@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 16, 2006
      Bolger suggested slicer when I last wrote him. I have looked into Bolger and Atkin designs and frequently find references to NJ fishermen but my specific needs aren't quite settled. I bought a boat to test a platform and will be adding a new bow in the spring. I may section the boat also and add 5 feet. That's after I settle on a bow design. There are so many boats to sift through it's been very rewarding reading. BTW the Shivaree series is a possible boat, sometime or never the name. I haven't made a short list of Atkin designs, that's why I lurk.
      Bruce
      From: Kenneth Grome <bagacayboatworks@...>
      > On Tuesday 14 November 2006 02:49, echo172@... wrote:
      > > I fish the same waters AC to delaware bay. I'm on the same quest and no
      > closer to an answer. It looks like it will take a longer boat to handle the
      > seas over 2 feet. I'm looking into some Bolger designs and right now nothing
      > is firmed up.
      >

      > Slicer is a Bolger boat (29' I believe) designed as an all-weather commuter,
      > so it may not be an ideal fishing boat, but it should easily bridge the wave
      > crests and allow fast running in 2-3' seas because of its length. Bruce
      > Hallman thiks it can be designed to fold in half which would make trailering
      > easy. It should give you the efficiency you're seeking.
      >
      > Sincerely,
      > Kenneth Grome
      > Bagacay Boatworks
      > www.bagacayboatworks.com

    • chunsdorfer
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 17, 2006
        --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, echo172@... wrote:

        > Bolger suggested slicer when I last wrote him. I have looked into
        Bolger and Atkin designs and frequently find references to NJ
        fishermen but my specific needs aren't quite settled. I bought a
        boat to test a platform and will be adding a new bow in the spring.
        I may section the boat also and add 5 feet. That's after I settle on
        a bow design. There are so many boats to sift through it's been very
        rewarding reading. BTW the Shivaree series is a possible boat,
        sometime or never the name. I haven't made a short list of Atkin
        designs, that's why I lurk.
        > Bruce
        > From: Kenneth Grome <bagacayboatworks@...>
        > > On Tuesday 14 November 2006 02:49, echo172@... wrote:
        > > > I fish the same waters AC to delaware bay. I'm on the same
        quest and no
        > > closer to an answer. It looks like it will take a longer boat to
        handle the
        > > seas over 2 feet. I'm looking into some Bolger designs and right
        now nothing
        > > is firmed up.
        > >

        > > Slicer is a Bolger boat (29' I believe) designed as an all-
        weather commuter,
        > > so it may not be an ideal fishing boat, but it should easily
        bridge the wave
        > > crests and allow fast running in 2-3' seas because of its
        length. Bruce
        > > Hallman thiks it can be designed to fold in half which would
        make trailering
        > > easy. It should give you the efficiency you're seeking.
        > >
        > > Sincerely,
        > > Kenneth Grome
        > > Bagacay Boatworks
        > > www.bagacayboatworks.com

        I haven't seen the lines for slicer, but I assume from the one photo
        I saw that she's pretty narrow, which might prevent building any
        sort of structure above the gunwales.