Re: retreat

  • handyboy66
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 31, 2006

      > Here are some shots of a Retreat built by John Lawler, Jr. He was
      having
      > so much fun with it this summer he hadn't yet got around to
      putting the
      > handrails on...
      >
      > http://www.boat-links.com/Atkinco/Photos/Retreat/index.html
      >
      > On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 19:38:56 -0700, Mike B wrote:
      >
      > > 1.anyone build the retreat
      > >
      > > 2. do you have pictures
      >
      > --
      > John <jkohnen@...>
      > There is only one honest impulse at the bottom of Puritanism,
      > and that is the impulse to punish the man with a superior
      > capacity for happiness. <H. L. Mencken>

      Thanks john for the pics.

      Is this one built to current plans.
      I'm asking cause I have one from and old motor boating mag whick is
      all wood constructoin.

      This on looks to be part from fiberglass please correct me if I'm
      wronge.

      I would like to know more about this build.

      Mike B
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 6, 2006
        It looks like he used plywood, but I don't know the details. Retreat is
        easily converted to plywood construction, and a plywood boat will hold up
        better if it has to live on a trailer.

        On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 19:02:18 -0800, Mike B wrote:

        > Is this one built to current plans.
        > I'm asking cause I have one from and old motor boating mag whick is
        > all wood constructoin.
        >
        > This on looks to be part from fiberglass please correct me if I'm
        > wronge.
        >
        > I would like to know more about this build.

        The infliction of cruelty with a good conscience is a delight to
        moralists-- that is why they invented Hell. <Bertrand Russell>