Re: retreat

  • Rob Rohde-Szudy
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 31, 2006
      Very nice! I love that design.

      AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com wrote: There is 1 message in this issue.

      Topics in this digest:

      1. Re: retreat
      From: John Kohnen

      Message

      1. Re: retreat
      Posted by: "John Kohnen" jkohnen@... jhkohnen
      Date: Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:58 pm (PST)

      Here are some shots of a Retreat built by John Lawler, Jr. He was having
      so much fun with it this summer he hadn't yet got around to putting the
      handrails on...

      http://www.boat-links.com/Atkinco/Photos/Retreat/index.html

      --
      John
      There is only one honest impulse at the bottom of Puritanism,

      Messages in this topic (2)

    • handyboy66
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 31, 2006

        > Here are some shots of a Retreat built by John Lawler, Jr. He was
        having
        > so much fun with it this summer he hadn't yet got around to
        putting the
        > handrails on...
        >
        > http://www.boat-links.com/Atkinco/Photos/Retreat/index.html
        >
        > On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 19:38:56 -0700, Mike B wrote:
        >
        > > 1.anyone build the retreat
        > >
        > > 2. do you have pictures
        >
        > --
        > John <jkohnen@...>
        > There is only one honest impulse at the bottom of Puritanism,
        > and that is the impulse to punish the man with a superior
        > capacity for happiness. <H. L. Mencken>

        Thanks john for the pics.

        Is this one built to current plans.
        I'm asking cause I have one from and old motor boating mag whick is
        all wood constructoin.

        This on looks to be part from fiberglass please correct me if I'm
        wronge.

        I would like to know more about this build.

        Mike B
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 6, 2006
          It looks like he used plywood, but I don't know the details. Retreat is
          easily converted to plywood construction, and a plywood boat will hold up
          better if it has to live on a trailer.

          On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 19:02:18 -0800, Mike B wrote:

          > Is this one built to current plans.
          > I'm asking cause I have one from and old motor boating mag whick is
          > all wood constructoin.
          >
          > This on looks to be part from fiberglass please correct me if I'm
          > wronge.
          >
          > I would like to know more about this build.

          The infliction of cruelty with a good conscience is a delight to
          moralists-- that is why they invented Hell. <Bertrand Russell>