Re: [AtkinBoats] retreat

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 30, 2006
      Here are some shots of a Retreat built by John Lawler, Jr. He was having
      so much fun with it this summer he hadn't yet got around to putting the
      handrails on...

      http://www.boat-links.com/Atkinco/Photos/Retreat/index.html

      On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 19:38:56 -0700, Mike B wrote:

      > 1.anyone build the retreat
      >
      > 2. do you have pictures

      There is only one honest impulse at the bottom of Puritanism,
      and that is the impulse to punish the man with a superior
      capacity for happiness. <H. L. Mencken>
    • Rob Rohde-Szudy
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 31, 2006
        Very nice! I love that design.

        AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com wrote: There is 1 message in this issue.

        Topics in this digest:

        1. Re: retreat
        From: John Kohnen

        Message

        1. Re: retreat
        Posted by: "John Kohnen" jkohnen@... jhkohnen
        Date: Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:58 pm (PST)

        --
        John
        There is only one honest impulse at the bottom of Puritanism,
        and that is the impulse to punish the man with a superior
        capacity for happiness.

        Messages in this topic (2)

      • handyboy66
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 31, 2006

          > Here are some shots of a Retreat built by John Lawler, Jr. He was
          having
          > so much fun with it this summer he hadn't yet got around to
          putting the
          > handrails on...
          >
          > http://www.boat-links.com/Atkinco/Photos/Retreat/index.html
          >
          > On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 19:38:56 -0700, Mike B wrote:
          >
          > > 1.anyone build the retreat
          > >
          > > 2. do you have pictures
          >
          > --
          > John <jkohnen@...>
          > There is only one honest impulse at the bottom of Puritanism,
          > and that is the impulse to punish the man with a superior
          > capacity for happiness. <H. L. Mencken>

          Thanks john for the pics.

          Is this one built to current plans.
          I'm asking cause I have one from and old motor boating mag whick is
          all wood constructoin.

          This on looks to be part from fiberglass please correct me if I'm
          wronge.

          I would like to know more about this build.

          Mike B
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 6, 2006
            It looks like he used plywood, but I don't know the details. Retreat is
            easily converted to plywood construction, and a plywood boat will hold up
            better if it has to live on a trailer.

            On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 19:02:18 -0800, Mike B wrote:

            > Is this one built to current plans.
            > I'm asking cause I have one from and old motor boating mag whick is
            > all wood constructoin.
            >
            > This on looks to be part from fiberglass please correct me if I'm
            > wronge.
            >
            > I would like to know more about this build.

            The infliction of cruelty with a good conscience is a delight to
            moralists-- that is why they invented Hell. <Bertrand Russell>