retreat

  • handyboy66
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 26, 2006
      1.anyone build the retreat

      2. do you have pictures
      mike b
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 30, 2006
        Here are some shots of a Retreat built by John Lawler, Jr. He was having
        so much fun with it this summer he hadn't yet got around to putting the
        handrails on...

        http://www.boat-links.com/Atkinco/Photos/Retreat/index.html

        On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 19:38:56 -0700, Mike B wrote:

        > 1.anyone build the retreat
        >
        > 2. do you have pictures

        There is only one honest impulse at the bottom of Puritanism,
        and that is the impulse to punish the man with a superior
        capacity for happiness. <H. L. Mencken>
      • Rob Rohde-Szudy
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 31, 2006
          Very nice! I love that design.

          AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com wrote: There is 1 message in this issue.

          Topics in this digest:

          1. Re: retreat
          From: John Kohnen

          Message

          1. Re: retreat
          Posted by: "John Kohnen" jkohnen@... jhkohnen
          Date: Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:58 pm (PST)

          --
          John
          There is only one honest impulse at the bottom of Puritanism,
          and that is the impulse to punish the man with a superior
          capacity for happiness.

          Messages in this topic (2)

        • handyboy66
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 31, 2006

            > Here are some shots of a Retreat built by John Lawler, Jr. He was
            having
            > so much fun with it this summer he hadn't yet got around to
            putting the
            > handrails on...
            >
            > http://www.boat-links.com/Atkinco/Photos/Retreat/index.html
            >
            > On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 19:38:56 -0700, Mike B wrote:
            >
            > > 1.anyone build the retreat
            > >
            > > 2. do you have pictures
            >
            > --
            > John <jkohnen@...>
            > There is only one honest impulse at the bottom of Puritanism,
            > and that is the impulse to punish the man with a superior
            > capacity for happiness. <H. L. Mencken>

            Thanks john for the pics.

            Is this one built to current plans.
            I'm asking cause I have one from and old motor boating mag whick is
            all wood constructoin.

            This on looks to be part from fiberglass please correct me if I'm
            wronge.

            I would like to know more about this build.

            Mike B
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 6, 2006
              It looks like he used plywood, but I don't know the details. Retreat is
              easily converted to plywood construction, and a plywood boat will hold up
              better if it has to live on a trailer.

              On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 19:02:18 -0800, Mike B wrote:

              > Is this one built to current plans.
              > I'm asking cause I have one from and old motor boating mag whick is
              > all wood constructoin.
              >
              > This on looks to be part from fiberglass please correct me if I'm
              > wronge.
              >
              > I would like to know more about this build.

              The infliction of cruelty with a good conscience is a delight to
              moralists-- that is why they invented Hell. <Bertrand Russell>