Re: Barrie & Lady Joan

  • boatmath32
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 28, 2006
      --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, Chris Kottaridis <chriskot@...>
      wrote:

      > Barrie is a round hull version of Lady Joan's V bottom hull. Barrie
      > also has a sloop rig compared to Lady Joan's yawl rig. The write
      > up on the web site for Barrie says you could put Lady Joan's yawl
      > rig on Barrie.
      >
      > Do you suppose if a person wanted to do that he'd need to buy both
      > setsof plans ?

      [ snip ]

      > Chris Kottaridis (chriskot@...)

      Get the full set for Barrie, and the study set for Lady Joan. I
      think that all the info on the rig would be on the study set.

      The site also cautions against trying the sloop rig on Lady Joan.

      Regards,

      - Ed R
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 5, 2006
        If you tell Mrs. Atkin what you're up to she could send you the Lady Joan
        sail plan drawing instead of the Barrie one, or send you both sail plans
        for a modest extra fee for the extra drawing. Email her and make
        arrangements before placing your order.

        On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 22:30:03 -0700, Chris K wrote:

        > Barrie is a round hull version of Lady Joan's V bottom hull. Barrie also
        > has a sloop rig compared to Lady Joan's yawl rig. The write up on the
        > web site for Barrie says you could put Lady Joan's yawl rig on Barrie.
        >
        > Do you suppose if a person wanted to do that he'd need to buy both sets
        > of plans ?

        "Necessity is the mother of invention" is a silly proverb.
        "Necessity is the mother of futile dodges" is much nearer the
        truth. <Alfred North Whitehead>
      • Chris Kottaridis
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 9, 2006
          Thanks. She very graciously did offer the Lady Joan sail plan with the
          purchase of the plans for Barrie.

          Before I commit though, I have to ask about Jabberwock. If it had a yawl
          rig, it would probably be a better answer for me as I do want to be able
          to trailer my boat from reservoir to reservoir a couple of times a year.
          I've convinced myself I could do that here with Barrie. Since it's under
          5000 lbs and I think I can get 3' 6" of draft in the reservoirs that I
          have gone and checked on.

          But, in general how does one go about getting a rig change for Atkin
          designs ? I certainly am not up to the task. Is there a qualified person
          that is familiar with these designs to make these kinds of significant
          changes ?

          Thanks

          Chris Kottaridis (chriskot@...)