Re: [AtkinBoats] LOOKING FOR TRENDAWAY

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 17, 2006
      Yes. But I checked it and didn't find any Trendaways.

      http://www.st.nmfs.gov/st1/CoastGuard/VesselByName.html

      On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 09:30:31 -0700, Roger wrote:

      > Doesn't the USCG maintain a database of documented vessels showing
      > current owners?

      The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you
      can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying
      virtues. <Elizabeth Taylor>
    • renne2001
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 17, 2006
        Yes, I checked also about 2 years ago and didn't find anything. I also
        emailed and called the harbormaster in Antioch, but got no reply. I've
        been gone from CA so long I no longer know anybody there who might
        know. The man I sold her to had a last name that reminded me of a bread
        manufacturer, i.e. Langendorf. Sounds crazy, but that's what I
        remember. I'm going to post to the Wooden Boat magazine also - maybe
        somebody will remember. We used to be docked just down from Wander
        Bird, a famous 85 ft pilot schooner, in the main basin in Sausalito. I
        suppose someone could change her name - not the most romantic name, but
        it's supposed to be from a poem by Samuel Coleridge, but I've never
        found it.