Re: [AtkinBoats] LOOKING FOR TRENDAWAY

  • derbyrm
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 17, 2006
      Doesn't the USCG maintain a database of documented vessels showing current owners?

      Roger
      derbyrm@...
      http://home.insightbb.com/~derbyrm
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 17, 2006
        Yes. But I checked it and didn't find any Trendaways.

        http://www.st.nmfs.gov/st1/CoastGuard/VesselByName.html

        On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 09:30:31 -0700, Roger wrote:

        > Doesn't the USCG maintain a database of documented vessels showing
        > current owners?

        The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you
        can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying
        virtues. <Elizabeth Taylor>
      • renne2001
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 17, 2006
          Yes, I checked also about 2 years ago and didn't find anything. I also
          emailed and called the harbormaster in Antioch, but got no reply. I've
          been gone from CA so long I no longer know anybody there who might
          know. The man I sold her to had a last name that reminded me of a bread
          manufacturer, i.e. Langendorf. Sounds crazy, but that's what I
          remember. I'm going to post to the Wooden Boat magazine also - maybe
          somebody will remember. We used to be docked just down from Wander
          Bird, a famous 85 ft pilot schooner, in the main basin in Sausalito. I
          suppose someone could change her name - not the most romantic name, but
          it's supposed to be from a poem by Samuel Coleridge, but I've never
          found it.