Top of Box Deadwood Line

  • windmill4048
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 4, 2006
      There's a line on the plans labeled top of box deadwood. Pretty clear
      except that line extends on to the transom, representing, I assume,
      the top of the tunnel chamber.

      This line reresents the top of the tunnel chamber, I think, starting
      out a little forward of sta. 7. It's curved and arched throughout its
      path.

      I'm no expert but I believe that this shape is critical to the boat
      since it should help with a better fluid flow through the tunnel and
      probably provides a small amount of lift. It's also a bit hard to get
      right in plywood I suspect.

      Any thoughts anyone?
    • Hugo Tyson