Re: [AtkinBoats] Re: Rescue Minor Model

    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 2, 2006
      Here's a better image of Rescue Minor's lines:

      http://www.boat-links.com/images/RescueMinorLines.gif

      There is a slight arc to the top of the tunnel aft of the sternpost. At
      station 10, forward of the sternpost, the height of the top of the
      inverted V is 10" above the baseline, at station 11 it's 11 3/4" and at
      the transom it's 10 1/2" above the baseline. I think Rich got that in his
      model.

      On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 05:30:35 -0700, windmill4048 wrote:

      > Ok, please help me understand what I am looking at in the plans.
      >
      > In both the framing and line drawing plans there is an arched line
      > shown running from the transom to just foreward of sta. 9. In the
      > framing plans this is shown as a solid piece of wood from the middle
      > of sta. 10-11 to the transom. That piece of wood is shown as the
      > top of the tunnel and over the rudder and prop.
      >
      > What am I looking at?

      No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get
      himself into jail; for being in a ship is being in a jail, with
      the chance of being drowned... A man in jail has more room,
      better food, and commonly better company. <Samuel Johnson>