Re: Rescue Minor Power - from the horse's mouth

  • Rob Rohde-Szudy
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2006
      Greetings, Wes! I guess I only had it partly right. Many thanks for stepping in and straightening this all out. I guess what Robb must have meant is that the splay theoritically SHOULD have been reversed for the LH prop, but that in retrospect he thinks straight is better. I was never quite clear on which way he actually built it until now.

      I guess Atkin might have ended up agreeing, since Shoals Runner is straight.

      And thanks for checking in on the forum!

      --Rob

      Re: Rescue Minor Power
      Posted by: "mrweswhite" mrweswhite@... mrweswhite
      Date: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:28 pm (PDT)

      Hello.

      The engine does lie slightly to port. This results in a
      little "weather helm" when running (the tiller must be held an inch
      or so to starboard to compensate). I do think that, if he could do
      it all over again, he would just line everything up straight. I
      don't have much experience with inboard power boats, but this one
      seems to me to be exremely responsive to the rudder. My father
      thought so too, and figured that having the outflow from the
      propellor more or less trapped in that cavity explained it. He did,
      by the way, have a lot of experience to draw upon. The belt does
      need alot of tension. Wes White