Re: [AtkinBoats] Rescue Minor

  • derbyrm
    Message 1 of 38 , Aug 17, 2006
      Dave Gerr has some equations in "The Nature of Boats" regarding propeller sizing. The diameter is to fit the boat shape, the pitch is to match the speed, and the area of the blade(s) is derived from the horsepower. (excluding hypercavitating and other exotics)

      Roger
      derbyrm@...
      http://home.insightbb.com/~derbyrm

      Message 38 of 38 , May 18, 2014
        I have seen 4 Resue Minors built and 3 of the builders modified Atkin's plans.  All 3 of them had problems with the performance.  Atkin's knew what he was doing and I would recommend that anyone build it according to the plan.I built one under Sea Island Boatworks (Mark Bayne) and we followed the plans to the "tee"  The boat preformed perfectly.  I would advise that everyone stick to the plans.  I have a lot of Rescue Minor construction photos posted at www.morrisislandboatworks.com