Rescue Minor

  • p.mathers
    Message 1 of 38 , Aug 16, 2006
      Anyone know if the 10x12" prop that Atkin spec'ed for RM was 3 or 4
      bladed? Has anyone discovered anything on the development of the
      plans? Batten seams do not apeal to me it is so dry here I want to
      glass inside and out. Curtis; did your welder ever get started ?
      All the best: Patrick
    • ojskiff
      Message 38 of 38 , May 18, 2014
        I have seen 4 Resue Minors built and 3 of the builders modified Atkin's plans.  All 3 of them had problems with the performance.  Atkin's knew what he was doing and I would recommend that anyone build it according to the plan.I built one under Sea Island Boatworks (Mark Bayne) and we followed the plans to the "tee"  The boat preformed perfectly.  I would advise that everyone stick to the plans.  I have a lot of Rescue Minor construction photos posted at www.morrisislandboatworks.com