Re: Rescue Minor Scantlings

  • Rob Rohde-Szudy
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 26, 2006
      Hey Patrick,

      I'd be inclined to build lighter than specified with the better plywood. You'll save money if you minimize the sheathing. Like use 2 ounce glass on the topsides, since you are only really trying to prevent checking.

      That said, you can probably use about any plywood as long as your glass holds up.

      --Rob

      Here is a question. Home depot has a premium ac
      plywood called Araucoply it is made from radiata pine it has a nice face
      few or small voids [ I think they could be filled with "peanut
      butter"} I've read that radiata pine has low rot resistance, but my boat will
      be glassed 2 sides, painted light grey and live on a trailer most of
      it's life. I also have a ton of red oak for for the solid wood The ac
      plywood is 25 bucks a sheet, marine in Phoenix is 66 bucks for3/4.. Do you
      think it would hold up? I hope so,cause I have bad case of T.W.M.B. aka
      as the working man's blues. ALL THE BEST ; Patrick