Re: [AtkinBoats] Re: RESCUE MINOR

  • patrick mathers
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 22, 2006
      I'm leaning to the kuboto deisel but www.surpluscenter.com has a smaller diesel cheap. Robb White wrote that his RM used about half of it's horse power.

      Niels <sail2xs@...> wrote: Glad to hear your on you way... Keep us posted. I would like a RM or
      similar boat for boating here in FL. Have you deceided on a power
      plant yet?
      I haven't done anything except fiddle with small scale lofting {it was 118 degrees here yesterday 117 inside the consruction job I was on today. ALL THE BEST Patrick
      Niels

      --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "p.mathers" <p.mathers@...> wrote:

      > I received my plans yesterday for RM. In the plans list RM is
      > called a tunnel stern V bottom Seabrite skiff. On the plan sheet it
      is
      > called a shallow draft CRASH BOAT! Man this thing is built hell for
      > stout! Cool! Now I get to teach myself lofting. ALL THE BEST.
      > Patrick

    • Niels
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 23, 2006
        Not a bad deal... I remember a small 4x4 Mitsubisi taking a traler
        load of us on a hay ride. I wish atkins was more specifice about HP
        and torque.

        > I'm leaning to the kuboto deisel but www.surpluscenter.com has a
        smaller diesel cheap. Robb White wrote that his RM used about half of
        it's horse power.

        Wow makes FL sounds cool 90 with 65% humidity. The Boat plans online
        site may update the scantlings for you if supplies are purchased
        through them. May I ask what thickness plywood is called for?