Re: Slightly Larger River Belle

  • Phil S.
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 19, 2006
      Thanks for the input, Gerr has a design that is
      similar and would do what I am looking for, but his
      design is REALLY expensive.

      I appreciate your concern but I build large buildings
      for a living, after all a boat is just a building
      built well enough to move, lol.
      Thanks
      Phil

      http://mail.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 28, 2006
        The boat built by Alex Hadden (ads in WoodenBoat and elsewhere) a few
        years ago was a Seabright skiff larger than River Belle, but not anywhere
        near 44 ft. The plans aren't in the catalog, but Mrs. Atkin would probably
        sell them to a competent boatbuilder, I guess they're not considered
        suitable for amateurs.

        On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 09:28:49 -0700, Phil S. wrote:

        > Hey gang,
        > I have looked pretty extensively through the atkins site but can't seem
        > to find a plan for a
        > sea bright skiff type hull larger than the River Belle. I need something
        > in the 44ft range.

        Love is the delightful interval between meeting a beautiful girl
        and discovering she looks like a haddock. <John Barrymore>