Re: [AtkinBoats] Re: Lewis' Boat

  • derbyrm
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 19, 2006
      I have no idea of what the applicable taxes, customs, and import duties
      would be for Nicaragua, but my plywood was made from African trees by
      Israelis and then imported to Massachusetts and shipped to me in Indiana.
      Boulter Plywood was the low price (delivered), the wood is beautiful, and
      they were easy to work with. http://www.boulterplywood.com/

      Maybe you can get plywood?? (or maybe you've already checked this out)

      Roger
      derbyrm@...
      http://home.insightbb.com/~derbyrm

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 19, 2006
        Hey Lewis,

        Too many motors is a GOOD problem to have! Sounds like you're looking at pretty reasonable choices. Hard to beat a good garvey when you need a utility. But of course it depends on the water you're working.

        Interesting thought on the Gardner forum. I wonder if I know enough about him to moderate it! I'll think on it.

        Best,

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 28, 2006
          There's a 16' outboard semidory in Classic Small Craft but 40 hp. is
          probably too much for it, the 18' version in The Dory Book might take it.
          Gardner's plans call for a plywood garboard strake, but that could easily
          be replaced by two or three conventional planks -- lapped of course.

          On Tue, 18 Jul 2006 09:08:01 -0700, Rob wrote:

          > SkiffAmerica would be too heavy in plank on frame. I'd stick with
          > something designed for it. Culler or Atkin, probably. MIght also look
          > through the Gardner books. I seem to remember a semi-dory power skiff
          > that might work. Can't remember whether it was in Classic Small Craft or
          > the Dory Book.

          One must have a heart of stone to read the death of Little Nell
          by Dickens without laughing. <Oscar Wilde>