RESCUE MINOR

  • p.mathers
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 13, 2006
      I received my plans yesterday for RM. In the plans list RM is
      called a tunnel stern V bottom Seabrite skiff. On the plan sheet it is
      called a shallow draft CRASH BOAT! Man this thing is built hell for
      stout! Cool! Now I get to teach myself lofting. ALL THE BEST.
      Patrick
    • Niels
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 19, 2006
        Glad to hear your on you way... Keep us posted. I would like a RM or
        similar boat for boating here in FL. Have you deceided on a power
        plant yet?

        Niels

        --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "p.mathers" <p.mathers@...> wrote:

        > I received my plans yesterday for RM. In the plans list RM is
        > called a tunnel stern V bottom Seabrite skiff. On the plan sheet it
        is
        > called a shallow draft CRASH BOAT! Man this thing is built hell for
        > stout! Cool! Now I get to teach myself lofting. ALL THE BEST.
        > Patrick

      • patrick mathers
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 22, 2006
          I'm leaning to the kuboto deisel but www.surpluscenter.com has a smaller diesel cheap. Robb White wrote that his RM used about half of it's horse power.

          Niels <sail2xs@...> wrote: Glad to hear your on you way... Keep us posted. I would like a RM or
          similar boat for boating here in FL. Have you deceided on a power
          plant yet?
          I haven't done anything except fiddle with small scale lofting {it was 118 degrees here yesterday 117 inside the consruction job I was on today. ALL THE BEST Patrick
          Niels

          --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "p.mathers" <p.mathers@...> wrote:

          > I received my plans yesterday for RM. In the plans list RM is
          > called a tunnel stern V bottom Seabrite skiff. On the plan sheet it
          is
          > called a shallow draft CRASH BOAT! Man this thing is built hell for
          > stout! Cool! Now I get to teach myself lofting. ALL THE BEST.
          > Patrick

        • Niels
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 23, 2006
            Not a bad deal... I remember a small 4x4 Mitsubisi taking a traler
            load of us on a hay ride. I wish atkins was more specifice about HP
            and torque.

            > I'm leaning to the kuboto deisel but www.surpluscenter.com has a
            smaller diesel cheap. Robb White wrote that his RM used about half of
            it's horse power.

            Wow makes FL sounds cool 90 with 65% humidity. The Boat plans online
            site may update the scantlings for you if supplies are purchased
            through them. May I ask what thickness plywood is called for?