Re: Flat bottoms

  • Rob Rohde-Szudy
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 11 6:32 AM
      You know, maybe I overstate the whole flat bottom=rough ride on L Michigan thing. I just rememberd that people use Dovekies on L Michigan and they're flat. They do get rough goign to windward in the chop you get at 20 mph of wind, but I guess they can handle it.

      Of course a Dovekie is very different from Excelsior. That big enclosed cabin is your reserve buoyancy! The closest home-buildable design would be something like Bolger's birdwatcher.

      --Rob

    • wayne_nicol
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 17, 2010
        hiya all
        has anybody built a "Surprise"
        ( is this two different boats-surprise and big surprise??)
        i would like to start one this winter. any feedback would be awesome
        thanks
        wayne