Re: [AtkinBoats] Re: Florence Oakland Displacement and SA

  • wmeparker@cinci.rr.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 2, 2006
      I ran the offsets through my computer design program and got a displacement of 5200 Lbs. The sail area you listed was correct. Like all schooners Charlene's best points of sail are between 80 degrees and 300 degrees off the wind, and I do regularly go faster on a broad reach than other boats of my water line length and some longer. However, her windward ability can best be described as "a stately progression".
      Best,
      Bill Parker
      Charlene