Re: [AtkinBoats] Diesei engines

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 4, 2004
      I worked on automobiles and motorcyles (and a few gas powered boats) for
      years, until I got tired of all the grime and nasty chemicals, so I'm most
      familiar with gas engines, and have a fondness for the old-fashioned ones.
      You give good reasons for your preference for diesels, but I'd still rather
      have a gas engine, unless the boat is big enough to hide the diesel under
      lots of sound deadening, and maybe has a flying bridge so you can climb up
      out of the exhaust stink. ;o)

      It's good to hear that the newer small diesels are smooth and quiet. I guess
      they aren't made by Detroit. <g> Too bad they can't figure out how to put a
      quiet engine into diesel pickups...

      On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 02:32:50 -0000, Rich wrote:
      > hello John and all. to answer you query concerning why a diesel and
      > not gas engine, my reasons are this: realibilty, no electrical system
      > to go afoul or fool with, economical but that not my reason for
      > wanting one. longevity, and newer small diesels are quite smooth, the
      > 3 cyl is very quiet and smooth running.

      It s a damn poor mind that can think of only one way to spell a word!
      <Attributed to Andrew Jackson>