Hello from the Pantanal

  • Mike Dolph
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 2, 2006
      Can I transfer ownerships of plans I purchased? I won't be able to
      stay here in Brasil since they won't recognize my permanent residency
      which I got over 30 years ago and I no longer have the necessary
      relatives in-country. I bought plans for Russel R and I was thinking
      of giving them to these folks

      http://www.riosvivos.org.br/

      to use in their activism.

      I don't know that I would build the same boat in the US since I like
      sail better in general. If I gave the plans to someone here and they
      built one would it be a legal and fair use of the plans.

      Mike Dolph
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 2, 2006
        Mike-

        When you bought the plans it gave you the license to build one boat from
        them. As long as you haven't built a Russell R. it's kosher to transfer
        the plans and license to anyone you want. So, which Atkin sailboat are you
        going to build when you get settled back here in the US of A? <g>

        On Fri, 02 Jun 2006 12:24:19 -0700, Mike D wrote:

        > Can I transfer ownerships of plans I purchased? I won't be able to
        > stay here in Brasil since they won't recognize my permanent residency
        > which I got over 30 years ago and I no longer have the necessary
        > relatives in-country. I bought plans for Russel R and I was thinking
        > of giving them to these folks
        >
        > http://www.riosvivos.org.br/
        >
        > to use in their activism.
        >
        > I don't know that I would build the same boat in the US since I like
        > sail better in general. If I gave the plans to someone here and they
        > built one would it be a legal and fair use of the plans.

        Love is the delightful interval between meeting a beautiful girl
        and discovering she looks like a haddock. <John Barrymore>
      • Lewis E. Gordon
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 2, 2006
          Mike,

          Sorry to hear that the bureaucrats put the brakes on your project.
          Bring yourself and the plans up here to Nicaragua. Lake Nicaragua is
          not as challenging as Pantanal, but it's still a lot of fun.

          Lewis

          --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Dolph" <johndolph@...> wrote:

          > Can I transfer ownerships of plans I purchased? I won't be able to
          > stay here in Brasil since they won't recognize my permanent residency
          > which I got over 30 years ago and I no longer have the necessary
          > relatives in-country. I bought plans for Russel R and I was thinking
          > of giving them to these folks
          >
          > http://www.riosvivos.org.br/
          >
          > to use in their activism.
          >
          > I don't know that I would build the same boat in the US since I like
          > sail better in general. If I gave the plans to someone here and they
          > built one would it be a legal and fair use of the plans.
          >
          > Mike Dolph

        • Mike Dolph
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 3, 2006
            Probably one of the flat bottomed small boats or maybe one of the
            big skiffs if I can afford it. I do like Victoria a lot though I
            think that would be still more expensive.

            Mike Dolph