Re: Robb

  • Rob Rohde-Szudy
    Message 1 of 4 , May 22, 2006
      Indeed, John. But I think one of our number HAS a Little Water waiting for the right person to save it! Check the photos section. I talked to the guy last year, but I passed on it because I realized it draws too much water for the thin stuff near me. I seem to remember it needs a couple frames and a couple planks. It'd be a wonderful boat for someone in a little deeper water than me. (Most of the Lower Wisconsin River really does require the 6" draft of Rescue Minor/Shoals Runner. You can only drop an outboard in the narrow "main channel".)
      Best,
      --Rob

      Message 5
      From: "John Kohnen" jkohnen@...
      Date: Mon May 22, 2006 0:56am(PDT)
      Subject: Re: Robb

      Thanks Rob, that's a very nice requiem. I also appreciate your passing
      Robb's last email to you on to us. That sure sounded like the Robb we knew
      and loved. Robb White was a good friend to Atkin & Co. even if he
      couldn't be made to follow the Atkin plans. Mrs. Atkin's blood
      pressure may go down now that he's not around, but we'll miss the old
      Coot. My boating buddies know that being called an "old Coot" is a high
      compliment indeed around here, and Robb White richly deserved the title. I
      wish we'd had a chance to drag him to one of our messabouts... I'm sure
      going to miss the fatuous prolixity of his prose every two weeks in
      Messing About in Boats too.

      This is what Mrs. Atkin wrote me, "Reading of Robb's death I am more then
      ever determined to live by my own code! I know you do, and it is great.
      We certainly don't know what the future holds, do we? Peace, Pat"

      Robb was drooling over Little Water before he died. I guess it's up to one
      of us to build one now.