Inboard for Rescue Minor

  • Rob Rohde-Szudy
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 29, 2006
      That's some fine information.

      A 25 horse gas inboard would work fine for a Rescue Minor if you can get the right rpm at the prop. You should be able to treat 3/4 throttle as side open and have some backup power if you ever need it. Atkin specifies 2000rpm but Robb made it work with 2700 and different pitch. I'm sure he's right that 3600 ain't gonna work at any pitch.

      Robb's belt transmission is a wonder of simplicity and I can't see why everyone doesn't do it. Quiet, efficient, simple and cheap. I love it.

      --Rob

      Here are two sources for some information:

      http://boatdesigns.com/prodinfo.asp?number=12%2D431

      http://boatbuildercentral.com/diesel/newinstallation.php

      Would a 25hp gas inboard work on Rescue Minor? I imagine it would
      with proper gearing.