aluminum Rescue Minor

  • oldbingey
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 28 5:49 AM
      Hey Sal's Dad,

      That's wonderful news. I'll be lurking around from time to time and
      will be delighted to help anyway I can. I have been hoping some brave
      soul would build an aluminum Rescue Minor for a long time. I think it
      will work wonderfully.

      Two things, first off, though: I have been through the outboard motor
      speculation with other people and I don't think it would work unless
      the cavitation plate was sealed to the bottom of the cavity and the
      underwater exhaust defeated. Experiments I have done have shown that
      the dynamics of the cavity require that there be no introduction of
      gas in there. The second thing is that, from looking at your model,
      the keel cooler is way too big. Mine is a three foot section of
      copper plate with a "U" of one inch copper pipe brazed to the top. I
      believe you could cool twenty hp. with a three foot "U" of one inch
      schedule 40 aluminum pipe welded to the inside of the bottom plate. I
      believe an inboard rig would be cheaper and better in the long run
      than an outboard.

      Good luck,

      RW.