Re: [AtkinBoats] Glory Be?

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 27, 2006
      I haven't heard anything from Mrs. Atkin about Glory B (she reads the
      messages here, but doesn't want to get directly involved with a bunch of
      boat nuts like us! <g>), so I'd guess that the Glory B plans are either
      lost or, more likely, were drawn for use by a professional boatyard and
      aren't suitable for amateur boatbuilders.

      On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 12:11:59 -0800, Bob Johnson wrote:

      > I am quite taken with the design Glory B which was profiled in the book
      > _Yachts_ by Boris Laur-Lenardi and L. F. Herreshoff. Are plans for
      > this one available?

      No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get
      himself into jail; for being in a ship is being in a jail, with
      the chance of being drowned... A man in jail has more room,
      better food, and commonly better company. <Samuel Johnson>