RE: [AtkinBoats] Precious build

  • JohnyM7@excite.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 24, 2006
      Congatulations, whoever you are, for completing something most of us have only "planned" on doing! Which building book did you use? Any ideas on your next project? JohnM--- On Mon 04/24, ppaige11 < ppaige11@... > wrote:From: ppaige11 [mailto: ppaige11@...]To: AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.comDate: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 05:46:43 -0000Subject: [AtkinBoats] Precious buildI have nearly finished completing my first boat, and thought I'd share here.It is the Atkin designed 7' dink Precious. I chose the design to learn traditional boatbuilding and that I did. At 7' I wasn't sure how much I would like the completed boat, but she is all charm and I am all smiles. It was enormously fun; for me much better than building furniture. The best part was all of the time with my hand tools. I'm sure more traditional boats are waiting for me.I added 3 pictures to the photo section in album "Precious." The most recent picture included shows the boat at about 90% complete.Once
      complete I'll add another picture.No flaming, cursing, politics, religion or public mopery. Please be polite. If you set out to build an Atkin boat, please do not modify the plans. If you stray from the plans you do so at your own risk and Atkin & Co. will take no responsibility for the performance of the resulting boat.The current Atkin boat plans catalog is online at <http://www.atkinboatplans.com/>

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      Visit your group "AtkinBoats" on the web.

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 27, 2006
        Good job! She looks real nice. :o)

        On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 22:46:43 -0700, ppaige11 wrote:

        > I have nearly finished completing my first boat, and thought I'd share
        > here.
        >
        > It is the Atkin designed 7' dink Precious.

        Show me a man who has enjoyed his school days and I'll show you
        a bully and a bore. <Robert Morley>